Welcome

Of all the funeral cards, that circulate out there, I wonder how many ever find their way back to the families of origin. A simple funeral card is the summation of a life lived.
Enjoy the discovery process.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

52 Weeks to Better Genealogy - Challenge #13 - Cyndi's List

Cyndi Howells was among the first to emerge into the genealogy computer world.  Her brilliant idea of creating a list of genealogy resources has been a godsend to many researchers.  Time and time again, when stumped with a brick wall, I have returned to Cyndi's List for that much needed connection or tidbit necessary to move forward.
As part of the 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy, I wanted to see how I could promote Funeral Cards and Genealogy -- a relative new genealogy blog on Cyndi's List.  If you are emerging into the blog world and would like consideration of a listing.  The first step is to read carefully Cyndi's instructions to Submit a New Genealogy Link.  In a relative short turn around, after following the guidelines, Cyndi had posted Funeral Cards and Genealogy to the March 2010 What's New on Cyndi's List.  Check us out under March 27, 2010.
Many thanks to Cyndi for providing such a valuable resource to family historians, genealogists, librarians and researchers.  And now, bloggers!

2 comments:

Lori H said...

I really enjoy reading your blog! :)

Today I was presented the "Ancestors Approved" award by Dionne Ford of the Finding Josephine Blog. As a recipient of this award I’m supposed to list ten things I have learned about any of my ancestors that has surprised, humbled, or enlightened me and pass along the award to ten other bloggers who I feel are doing their ancestors proud.

I have chosen to present you with the award. You can pick up the picture of the award on my blog post athttp://genealogyandme.blogspot.com/2010/04/treasure-chest-thursday-my-ancestor.html

Thanks for sharing your ancestor stories!

A rootdigger said...

I think cyndi's list has to be the most know site and usually mentioned to new genealogists when they begin. I think it helps too that the name is easy to remember. the only problem I see is if it ends in 'I' or 'Y'