Welcome

Of all the funeral cards, that circulate out there, I wonder how many ever find their way back to the families of origin. A simple funeral card is the summation of a life lived.
Enjoy the discovery process.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Ancestor Approved

Yesterday I was presented the "Ancestors Approved" award by Lori of the Genealogy and Me Blog. As a recipient of this award I’m supposed to list ten things I have learned about any of my ancestors that has surprised, humbled, or enlightened me and pass along the award to ten other bloggers who I feel are doing their ancestors proud.
Humbled
To continue to search for the parents of George Bright Frazier (1854-1921).
To continue to search for my mother's first cousin, Beatrice Lindley.
To continue to search for the burial place of Hanora Harrington Walcott.
To share my genealogy findings with my family.
Surprised
The family photographs in the possession of Carolyn Lucas Hall.
Discovering that my father's first cousin, Velma Williams Patterson murdered her two daughters.
My gr grandfather, William Newton Renfro had fathered 23 children.
Enlightened
To find that Tom Lindley was actually George Thomas Lindley.
The Adair family died within the same month as the Patterson murder trial.
John Schwartz was orphaned by age 10.

Well-deserving of the "Ancestor Approved Award" are:
Branching Out Through The Years by hummer
Gen Wish List by Tina Lyons
High Definition Genealogy by Thomas MacEntee
Graveyard Rabbit of Wichita County, Texas by Robin Inge
Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories by Dr. Bill Smith
Greta's Genealogy Bog by Greta Koehl
The Educated Genealogist by Sheri Fenley
Cyndi's List by Cyndi Howells
Cemetery Explorers
The Robertson-Kubberness Connection by Gwen Kubberness

3 comments:

geniebug said...

Congratulations, Dee! Your Blog is in my list favorites!

Dee said...

Thank you geniebug. It is wonderful to be a part of the genealogy blog community. You are so kind.

Unknown said...

Congrats Dee and thank you so much for passing this award on to me.