Welcome

Of all the funeral cards, that circulate out there, I wonder how many ever find their way back to the families of origin. A simple funeral card is the summation of a life lived.
Enjoy the discovery process.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday

Yesterday was a special treat.  My husband surprised me with a short road trip to nearby antique stores.  The fields are popping with wildflowers.  Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrush, Black-eyed Susan and many other varieties lined the roadway.  Describing the natural beauty escapes my writing hand.  We made our way through the winding back roads to Bastrop, Texas.  Once there, we visited the downtown historical district.  One could almost imagine the days of horse and buggy with shoppers abound.  One old antique shop nestled at the end of Main street was a sweet tuck away place.  When I entered the store, my purpose was to search for long forgotten funeral cards.  Towards the back of the store was a small table with a glass top and nestled underneath was this striking photograph of a beautiful young woman.  Her cabinet card image just reached out to be rescued.  Now, my treasure, she remains unnamed.  Funeral cards will have to wait another day.

No comments: